On Sun, 13 Nov 2011, Justin Krejci wrote:

> As for Linux support, I would be very interested in that for Netflix but
> I won't hold my breath. My TV has a VGA-in port and stereo so its easy
> to hook up the laptop or any computer really. In Ubuntu on my laptop I
> just set the VGA out port it to mirror my desktop and just start any
> video file, DVD, etc.

I have a dual-DVI card on my Ubunt box and I use a DVI-to-HDMI cable to
hook up the 1080p HDTV to one output and a monitor (1680x1050) on the
other.  Right now I'm half-watching "Gnomeo and Juliet" with my wife and
daughter on the HDTV (using vlc and a .iso file from the Ubuntu box) and
typing this message on the monitor (actually via VNC in full screen mode
in an SSH tunnel to a machine in my office using Alpine in an xterm that
uses gmail's smtp server).  The wife doesn't like the monitor on the
coffee table, but if we have guests, or another good reason, I can easily
move the monitor.

Mike