I think they aren't going to get Netflix streaming working for Linux
anytime soon.  Here's one discussion:

http://developer.netflix.com/forum/read/94750

I saw a couple of others and they made the situation sound even worse than
that one.

I have never used Netflix's streaming feature (even though it was
available for free with Netflix for awhile) because I didn't have a lot of
incentive and my main HDTV is hooked up to a Linux box.  But now I'm
thinking I might drop DirecTV and do more TV via the web.  Netflix
streaming might be $8 now, which is a lot cheaper than DirecTV, if I can
make it work well enough.

I can stream Netflix using another external device like Wii, PS3 or
Xbox360...

http://www.netflix.com/HowItWorks

...but I don't own any of those.  There also are a few Roku products to
choose from:

http://www.roku.com/roku-products

Now that my daughter is 4 years old, it might be a good time to get a
video game machine of some kind.

Anyway, if you have found a way to make Linux do Netflix streaming, I hope
you will share it.  If you don't have that but you know something about
how well the other products work with Netflix, then I hope you'll share
that.  Thanks.

Mike