I upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10 on my router last week and my Verizon
network extender stopped working. I could see it's traffic on both
sides of my router, but something was wrong with the connection such
that it wouldn't finish linking up with Verizon. I spent much time on
the phone with them and they couldn't figure it out. I put a Tenda
router in between my cable modem and my Ubuntu router and plugged the
network extender into that and everything works. Anyone have ideas
about what changed between natty and 11.10 that would cause this?

I tried taking my firewall down to just the basic NAT firewall needed
and it still didn't help.

Jon