On 11/1/2011 2:39 PM, Daniel Taylor wrote:
> Simply ensuring reverse DNS to a valid domain on HELO cuts the spam
> load considerably.

Unfortunately, there are legitimate mail servers out there that won't
pass that check. Bouncing or dropping messages based on this alone will
result in users not receiving legitimate mail (albeit via
less-than-stellar configured mailservers). i personally turned that on
and immediately stopped receiving real estate listings notices I had
subscribed to. DOH!

Personally, I run Postfix and just recently integrated spamassassin into
it. Works quite well for me.

Side note, at what spamassassin level are you guys dropping/rejecting
messages rather than just tagging them?