I agree.  As a security guy, qmail is the best there is... presuming you
can layer something into/around it to handle the spam issue.  Back when I
was a Linux admin, it's what I used for years before shifting to the
Qmail-Toaster project which took over a lot of the more annoying back-end
management.  There's a lot to be said for a lot of little unique user
processes working together instead of the monolithic design of
Sendmail/Postfix/Exim/etc.  That said, the system is only as good as its
admins, so when I shifted towards full time security consulting, my qmail
boxes all got changed into Postfix systems (and, later, CommunigatePro)
because the other admins were lazy^H^H^H^H unable to take the time to learn
how to manage Qmail.

-Josh