On Mon, 16 May 2011, Thomas Lunde wrote:

> I love that you're promoting Linux, so please take this friendly
> suggestion in that spirit.
>
> The Minnesota Vikings, Twins, et al are _required_ to come after you for
> using their registered trademarks without their permission on pain of
> losing their rights to those marks.

I think the worst problem he'll have is a cease-and-desist letter, but
he'd better abide by it if he gets one.  Given that he's making no money
from this, and he probably doesn't have much money, they aren't going to
be enthusiastic about paying their lawyers to drag him into court.  On the
other hand, as Thomas said, they have to drag him into court if he doesn't
comply with the cease-and-desist letter.

Did anyone else notice that there is a line of snowboards called "GNU?"
I guess it's a totally different business from the OS, so they can do
that.  With Apple Records and Apple Computer, they were able to resolve
their differences when Apple Computer agreed never to get into the music
business.  We all know how that turned out.

Mike