Scott,

if you have problems, email me directly, I can walk you through it or get you the drivers you need.  With Ubuntu, you do not need to go through bw-cutter or b43.

eric.schultz at mchsi.com

Eric
----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Raun" <sraun at fireopal.org>
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2011 8:05:12 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: [tclug-list] Any Ubuntu Wireless experts?

I've got a Dell Latitude D400 with what Ubuntu identifies as a
Broadcom BCM4309 802.11a/b/g (rev 02), PCI ID = 14e4:4324 (rev 02)

I've found a number of web pages that refer me to bw43-cutter.  I
install it and the related firmware package on my Natty Narwhal - but
the wireless card is still down.  I can get probes to admit it is
there, but I can't get it talking.

The card was known working under WinXP last weekend.

Anyone willing to help me figure out what's going on here?  I'm in
South Minneapolis, I work in Plymouth M-F 8-5, I'm willing to travel a
fair bit if needed.

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org