On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 08:05:12PM -0500, Scott Raun wrote:
> I've got a Dell Latitude D400 with what Ubuntu identifies as a
> Broadcom BCM4309 802.11a/b/g (rev 02), PCI ID = 14e4:4324 (rev 02)
>
> I've found a number of web pages that refer me to bw43-cutter.  I
> install it and the related firmware package on my Natty Narwhal - but
> the wireless card is still down.  I can get probes to admit it is
> there, but I can't get it talking.
>
> The card was known working under WinXP last weekend.
>
> Anyone willing to help me figure out what's going on here?  I'm in
> South Minneapolis, I work in Plymouth M-F 8-5, I'm willing to travel a
> fair bit if needed.

More info:

http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43 says that PCI ID
14e4:4324 should be firmware-b43legacy-installer.  I tried
uninstalling firmware-b43-installer and installing the b43legacy - the
b43legacy post-install scripts report 'no matching device
installed'. I uninstalled b43legacy and went back to the plain b43 -
the post-install scripts did not complain.

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org