I'm looking for a filesystem that I can use on portable drives where it
can do the following:

(1) be readable (preferrably also writable) by Windows, Mac and Linux

(2) be writable by Linux

(3) handle large files adequately (e.g., 50-100 GB per file)

(4) allow Linux file permissions to work correctly

(5) preferrably allow symlinks to work, at least for Linux

NTFS seems to mange my first three requirements, but no matter what I do,
every file is set to executable on my Linux box.  If I can't come up with
a way to get 1-4, I'll just drop requirement 1.

I might go with ext3 or ext4 and just hope that Windows and OS X can catch
up.  This looks like a good start:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2read/
http://alperakcan.org/?open=projects&project=fuse-ext2

What do you all think?