eepad so close.... My dream has actually been my dream for very long time, i.e., the basic iMac setup: nice tablet (screen/cpu combo) with mouse and keyboard separate. I've actually known people who use their baby iMac as a portable just for these reasons. Clamshell laptops are an ergomatic nightmare, IMHO. Again, the dream: nice tablet you could prop up anywhere you like with the ability to jack in a mouse and regular keyboard. The silly ee pad makes you buy their *attached* keyboard ($230. extra!) and it attaches to the tablet making it (IMHO) a torture device (aka notebook). So ironic on the ee ppaadd that you'd have to get their keyboard to jack your own in (only their keyboard has the usb ports). Aaaagh. But hey, if anyone's heard of a nice tablet that allows my dream to come true, let us know. I can't be the only dreamer....

--- On Wed, 5/11/11, Brian D. Ropers-Huilman <brian at ropers-huilman.net> wrote:

From: Brian D. Ropers-Huilman <brian at ropers-huilman.net>
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Linux-, Open Software-friendly tablet?
Date: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 11:10 AM

I know nothing more about it than what this review talks about (and
shows in videos), but have you looked into the Asus EeePad
Transformer:

http://www.androidcentral.com/asus-eeepad-transformer-review

I have to believe someone's hacked it or soon will. I've had my eyes
on it even though it only runs Android by default...

--
Brian D. Ropers-Huilman
612.234.7778 (m)