On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Olwe Bottorff <galanolwe at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I might be in the market for a tablet. Mainly, being able to lounge around
> with a tablet while working through that backlog of comp-sci theory PDFs is
> very tempting. ;-) What's the best for the Linux/GNU/OS fan? WWRMSD? What
> would RMS do/buy? I'd like it to run some form of Heaven (Emacs) and be able
> to do PDFs. Any other similarities to my Ubuntu 10.04 world would be
> welcome.

I haven't tried it myself, but apparently it is possible to run Ubuntu on a
Nook Color.  Probably some others, too.  The NC is a very hackable little
device.  Not insanely powerful, but not bad.
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/nook-color-gets-ubuntu/
You may want something more like a convertible laptop, though...I can't
imagine Emacs would be pleasant to use on tablet keyboards I've used.
- Justin