On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 01:49:21AM -0500, Mike Miller wrote:
> I guess I had no problem with any of the printers at work and there are
> at least four etirely different printers there.

UofM has reasonably competent system and network admins.

>                                                  I guess they all take
> postscript input, which is easy to deal with.

All high-end (workgroup or department) printers grok postscript.

>                                                Maybe all printers are
> postscript these days.

Ha!  The printers that are sold for a price of a full ink toner/cartridge
and whose 'trial' cartridge is only 25% full do not have a $4 postscript
engine.  Lexmark, cheap Canons and HP, they still rely on the Windows
driver for most of their processing.

Cheers,
florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163