In theory, as long as you have the 32-bit compatibility libraries
installed, 32-bit software ill run fine on a 64-bit OS. On the Windows
side of things web browsers are defaulting to 32-bit versions due
mostly to 32-bit only 3rd party plug-ins like Adobe Flash. I haven't
had an opportunity to muck around with a 64-bit Linux desktop (CLI
only 64-bit servers so far) myself but I would think you would be able
to do the same thing with the web browser to get working plug-ins.
That may even be the default for Firefox on Ubuntu. My unconfirmed
suspension is that Iceweasel on Debian is compiled as 64-bit.

--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
IT Outhouse Blog Thing | http://www.itouthouse.com