On 03/07/2011 10:37 AM, J Cruit wrote:
> You all have probably seen the news and the site:
>
> http://ie6countdown.com/
>
> So I've changed all my browsers to identify as ie6 just to mess with
> them... now I just need to start a movement to get others to do the
> same, at least for a little while.  Or at the very least start scripting
> some mass browsing (wget --user-agent=MSIE6.0; Windows 2000)

 Believe it or not, when it comes to IPv6, IE5 is better than IE6 on
Windows 2000.  However, IE6 on XP does support IPv6.  Odd, that.

 (Of course, to have IPv6 on Win2K, you either need to be running SP1,
or have a v6 stack hacked to run on newer service packs.)

 Personally I don't recommend forging your useragent as IE6, because
that gives it a (false) perception of relevance, which often drives
management decisions regarding web coding practices.

     Jima