Well, you've already covered the three most popular video editors in
Linux at the moment,  OpenShot, Kdenlive, and Kino.

I've played with all three myself, but always end up going back to
iMovie on a Mac to get things done.  As you've noted, non-linear video
editors on Linux have many shortcomings at the moment.

A lot of people are waiting for Lightworks (www.lightworksbeta.com) to
come out for Linux, which may happen by the end of this year.  You can
currently get Lightworks for Windows only.  Lightworks is more for the
professional level, and is not as simple as iMovie, but it should be
pretty feature-rich and higher quality that the current video editor
options in Linux.