I have it installed on my machine so clearly I've tried it, but I'll give
it another shot (;

Hmm, yeah... the thing about OpenShot is it's kinda buggy, and the UI is,
well. Very Linux. As in, way the heck wrong. Kinda how after using
Photoshop for a while, using GIMP is just plain painful.

I looove Linux on my desktop, but I don't really do a lot of GUI-heavy
stuff with it, to be honest. I have a ton of xterms (well, aterms) open, I
can't STAND Gnome or KDE (I use Window Maker). I USED to use
f-spot/ufraw/gimp for photography, but when that became a more serious
hobby (and I got a Wacom tablet) out came Photoshop in a VM. I'd try that
for video but video editing in a VM is painful...

And yeah, looking for something with a nice UI on Linux is kind of a
long-shot, but I do REALLY want to give it a try. I'm not trying to do
anything even remotely as complex as stuff I do in Photoshop (;