We're doing some video encoding using FFMpeg and we're getting some
videos coming in that are rotated and would like to automatically
detect the rotation and flip them.  From what I've been able to
research, there is a rotation flag/variable in the files that say if
it's rotated and to what degree (ie: 90, 180, etc).  I can't for the
life of me figure out how to find this info.  I've tried using
mplayer/midentify but it doesn't seem to display anything.

I know it can be done as processing the same videos through
encoding.com shows the rotation value but we're trying to roll our own
solution.  Hoping somebody else has run into this.

Thanks in advance!

--
Donovan Niesen