Robert Nesius:
> My one thought is to check syslogd.conf (usually in /etc) and make sure
> syslogd is configured to log the messages your program is sending.  If not
> configured properly, syslogd will drop them.

I don't have an /etc/syslogd.conf or /etc/syslog.conf.  I read somewhere
that they changed the name of /etc/syslog.conf to /etc/rsyslog.conf and
I do have that file.  I sent a copy of that file to the user and asked
him to compare it to his copy -- although I'm not sure if he has that
file on his machine.  He checked yesterday though on his machine
and he didn't have /etc/syslog.conf file either.  My guess is this is
on the right track, but have no idea how the default configurations
differ between the distributions.

Brian