s-
upgrades have various problems, fresh installs are safer, my approach is to
leave the prior install/partition intact and install in a fresh partition.
happy to answer more specific questions or give more specific directions.
-g
651-705-6688

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 09:45, Sleepy Kitten <sleepykitten1981 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hey there! I'm new to the Twin Cities! Looking to meet new folks... and to
> find some help. I want to learn Linux. A friend installed Fedora on my old
> laptop and it was running fine, except that I know it's got all kinds of
> potential for awesome stuff, plus I had no idea how to do any of my own tech
> support. Then some bizarre thing happened when I went to upgrade to Fedora
> 15, and it's now dead. Anyone up for mentoring a newbie?
>
> Thanks!
> Samantha

i pledge allegiance to the earth
and all that lives upon her
and the delicate balance in which it stands
one planet
unending spirit
harmonious
with deep respect for all

this is your life:  http://storyofstuff.com
coins, chase:  http://blip.tv/file/520347
energy&equity:  http://clevercycles.com/energy_and_equity

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would
suffice to solve most of the world's problems."  —*Gandhi*
"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of
others."  —*Gandhi
*"Increase of material comforts, it may be generally laid down, does not in
any way whatsoever conduce to moral growth."  —*Gandhi*
"Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth and the soul requires
inward restfulness to attain its full height." —*Gandhi*
"I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to
kill."  —*Gandhi*
"Hatred can be overcome only by love."  —*Gandhi*
"No culture can live, if it attempts to be exclusive."  —*Gandhi*