Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 07:59:16 -0500
From: Jason Hsu <jhsu802701 at jasonhsu.com>
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Best places to work as a software developer

Jason Hsu:

> How does the typical workplace do on the Joel Test (
http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000043.html)?  Joel says that
a score of 10 or less is bad, though I
> suspect that only a small percentage of companies are 11 or 12.  He says
that most companies only rate a 2 or 3, which sounds very bad.

The most interesting thing on his list in my opinion is the quiet work
environment.
For some reason that has been a casualty at a lot of companies.   I aim to
bring
that back with the company I'm developing.

I can't offer any suggestions on companies to consider, but hope you will
keep working on Swift Linux.  You may find as I have that the competition
out there self-destructs around you while you just go about your business.

--
Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises

"In a place where there are no men, strive to become a man."