On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Sunny <sloncho at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I looking for an open source web based employee time (PTO, etc.)
> tracking application to help our HR department.
>
> Any suggestions/feedback will be highly appreciated.
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

How large is the company - in terms of number of employees you intend to
manage within this?  Am I understanding correctly there is no corresponding
ERP/payroll system managing accruals on the back-end of this?  Are you also
wanting to collect punches?  And are you wanting to track hours for
charge-outs?  Any mobile employees?   Any unions involved?

I've been doing an implementation of a commercial time collection system for
the past year. During my environment scan I stumbled across a few Open
Source offerings, but I wasn't comfortable running a business over them.
But, I am dealing with static and mobile work forces, multiple companies,
multiple accruals, multiple unions.  *Rob's head explodes*

That said, here are two web pages I recall seeing during my environment scan
a little over a year ago.
http://www.timetrex.com/
http://sabernetdcs.sourceforge.net/

Having now gone through a full implementation with a commercial tool, I'm
somewhat curious to re-examine these with more informed eyes at a later
date.  For now I have a lot of things to wrap up before my second child
arrives in a few weeks. :)

Good luck!

-Rob