I had to replace my motherboard and Ubuntu 10.10 won't reboot with the new
mobo.  I'm thinking the problem has to do with the drivers, but I'm not
sure.  There could be more wrong.  The system claims that I don't have a
bootable drive -- is that what we would expect to see?

I have a couple of 2TB drives that I want to install as a RAID1, anyway,
so I'm just installing Ubuntu (10.10 again) from scratch on those new
drives.  But after I've done that, it would be nice if I could just copy
over all the programs and settings I was using previously from the former
boot drive.  Is there a good way to do that?  Any advice?

Mike