On Jul 9, 2011 7:35 PM, "Mike Miller" <mbmiller+l at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a problem that I have fairly often.  It happens between various
pairs of computers, but always at least one of the two is at the U.  I'll
start transferring a big file via scp and will eventually see the KB/s
decline until the ETA disappears and it says "- stalled -" instead of the
ETA.  Any idea what that is about?  It could happen at any time in the
process -- the last few attempts failed at 109MB, 16MB and 45MB while
downloading an ubuntu .iso file.  I was also unable to do it via web
browser.

I often have a similar problem with wifi on recent kernels and a BCM4311
chipset. Never found a solution other than to plug into ethernet when I need
to retrieve or transfer a large file.