this thread reminded me of customer interaction pain of yore ...

in the late 90s our host naming scheme for the servers @ visi was to
use the names of various ancient gods.  the primary smtp server
happened to be baal.visi.com.  (a quick google for "smtp
baal.visi.com" seems to indicate that the hostname has been available
into the mid-00s).

given the negative prominence that ba'al (pick your spelling) has
received in judeo-christian fabl^H^H^H^H religious texts; this
hostname, with surprising frequency, resulted in someone from tech
support passing me or someone else in engineering, calls from
concerned customers.  these customers wanted to express their concern
for corporate salvation, or intent to take their business elsewhere if
false gods were found in their SMTP headers again.

sigh ...