I found an email referencing the FreeBSD Daemon that was shared as a result of a HUGE flame war on the FreeBSD Questions list last summer... and thought I'd share it here:
> Linda Branagan is an expert on daemons. She has a T-shirt that sports the daemon in tennis shoes that appears on the cover of the 4.3BSD manuals and The Design and Implementation of the 4.3BSD UNIX Operating System by S. Leffler, M. McKusick, M. Karels, J. Quarterman, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Reading, MA 1989.
>
> She tells the following story about wearing the 4.3BSD daemon T-shirt

RTA: http://www.milk.com/true-stories/unix_for_the_masses.html

This post was a result of a food-for-thought effort and will not be continued by the OP.

--
The OP.