Sounds good...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Mitchell" <erik.mitchell at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:38:35 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Alright

Perhaps your co's location would be better for an Installfest? I was
thinking that because installing Linux on a regular PC isn't that hard
anymore, that it might be interesting to have an installfest that
focused on embedded hardware?

There was some talk about ALIX boards a few weeks back. I think that
involved installing FreeBSD, namely pfsense. But still, I think a lot
of people would find it interesting to see a demo of how an embedded
system is put together.

Another related topic would be Android devices. Is anyone using a
phone with a custom Android build on it? One that your rolled
yourself? I have a Nexus One but I'm still just using the default OS
image for it. Given the knowhow, and a little bit of time, I'd love to
put my own image on there with the latest version of the Android OS. I
also know a few people who have played with Cyanogenmod
(http://www.cyanogenmod.com/). That's interesting as well.

I think these are all Linux related, and move in a different direction
from just desktop and server applications. There are potentially a lot
of jobs in this area in the future, so I think to have the group
talking about it would be a good thing.

Thoughts?

-Erik

erik.mitchell at gmail.com