How is this an insult on your religion?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slackware

The name "Slackware" stems from the fact that the distribution started as a
private side project with no intended commitment. To prevent it from being
taken too seriously at first, Volkerding gave it a humorous name, which
stuck even after Slackware became a serious project.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slackware#cite_note-2>