I recently started a new contract, but the environment is one of
patched network installations and daisy-chained phone cabling.  I am
trying to map out the lines, but I am also the only IT support person
on site.

I know this may be asking a lot, but I would like to borrow a Fluke,
tone generator and probe for a weekend or two.  I would be willing to
give every assurance it will get back.
The fluke does not have to be anything impressive, but being able to
tell me how long a run is, tell me if its connected to a PC or switch
and/or blink a switch would TRULY be helpful.

I have a probe, but I may just price out a decent one for myself.  The
one I bought some time ago is platic-tipped and only reads the
EM-pulse, not the type with a bare-metal tip for more accurate
probing.  When I have worked on sites before, with a metal-tipped
probe, I simply put my finger on the probe and ran my other finger
down the phone panel until I picked up the signal - I cannot do that
with the one I have, but I can't believe they are too expensive, so I
may see how much a decent one is.  Any ideas of where to get that in
the TC area?

I've priced out flukes, and those (for the time being) are beyond my
budget and likely not going to get approval for a purchase from my boss.

If one of you has a fluke to lend over the weekend, for a weekend or
two, I would really appreciate it.  I figured its no harm in asking
anyway...

Jonah