From: Raymond Norton <admin at lctn.org>
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: [tclug-list] script help
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 14:21:21 -0600
Mailer: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.9)
Gecko/20100423 Thunderbird/3.0.4

I need to come up with a shell script that will launch another script
when a specific host is detected on the network. This is for an network
backup system. The host is always off-line when the back up runs at the
night and I want to fire the backup off when it comes back on-line.

The script would run on the backup server as a cron job, and needs to
call the backup script only once per day.

The backup server is Linux. The host is Windows XP.