I learned of GNU/Linux operating systems sometime around the 2000th
Gregorian calendar year -- and that computer enthusiasts and scientists
used them because of their stability, transparency, and cost. I
experimented with dual-booting for a decade; it's been over a year since
I last installed a proprietary operating system on my machine. The *nix
culture follows various design and implementation ideals, and has an
educated, supportive online community of both computer professionals and
hobbyists. Everyone deserves an operating system that respects them;
Thankfully GNU/Linux distributions do and I'm happy to announce myself
as a user and proponent of them. My name is David and I use Linux!