On 02/27/2011 11:45 AM, Robert Nesius wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 3:08 AM, Mike Miller <mbmiller+l at gmail.com
> <mailto:mbmiller%2Bl at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     It isn't very efficient, though.  It took 13 minutes on my machine.
>

> That's part of the fun of it.  There are multiple twists you can add
> for fun.
>
> 1) Choosing the best language for a particular problem.
> 2) Commit to solving in a particular language for the fun of
> overcoming the challenges that presents (like bash, or lisp, or
> erlang, or asm, etc...)
> 3) Finding a solution that is computationally more efficient.   i.e.,
> O(N^2) solution is readily apparent.  Might there be an O(N) or
> O(nlogn) approach that exploits underlying properties?

4) Combining 1) and 2) to find the most efficient solution overall, or
best library within a language for computational efficiency. Great way
to gain a better grasp of both language and algorithmic strong/weak
points.

--
Patrick "Finn" Robins
/Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't