i threw python idle on my puter again.  going to start there.  this is the
best description i have seen.  i bought learn java in 21 days about 7 years
ago.   i didn't quite stick that one out.  bye bye 50 bucks.  appreciate the
insight on c++.  i intend on learning c++, java, and perl eventually as i
see they are in the curriculum for the u of m's comp science degree.