I'm looking at upgrading our Ubuntu 8.04 LTS servers to 10.04 LTS, they're clusters of apache and mysql servers. I see now the Ubuntu website recommends 64bit but I'm unsure if going to 64bit now is a good idea. There's no GUI on the servers or anything that isn't needed, its all CLI and they need to run apache with apache2-mpm-itk virtual servers running php, ruby, and python. I also need NFS to be solid and our backup client (Avamar) to be supported. I'm checking on Avamar right now, that might be a deal breaker but how well does 32bit software run on the 64 bit systems? What's the current state of 64bit in linux? Should I try or is it not worth it yet?

-Scott