On 02/14/2011 12:11 PM, Justin Krejci wrote:
> How is NAT ever beautiful for anyone? I don't claim there is no place
> for NAT but it is not beautiful and let's not confuse NAT with security.
> Turn off NAT and your stateful deny-default policy firewall still blocks
> all the same packets just as well.

Security Now just had an episode discussing how NAT prevented companies
from charging on a per-computer basis for users' internet access. This
seems pretty good to me. I'd hate to have to pay for a separate
connection for every one of my computers because each would require a
new IP address. Routers made it an impossible problem for the ISPs.