On 2/11/2011 8:36 AM, Raymond Norton wrote:
>  I want to setup zoneminder for a friend, so they can use the IPod app
> or web browser to access their camera feeds. Looking for a free or low
> cost vpn solution that does not require a public IP on one end. I'm
> guessing it would need to work like gotomypc.
>
> Any ideas?

How about OpenVPN? Seems like it would fit the bill perfectly for your
request and is 100% free.

My setup looks like

Server (Public IP/Port) <----(Internet)---NAT GW->Client(Internal IP)

As long as you can connect to the public IP and port that it is
listening on (443 is usually not filtered by egress firewalls, nor 80,
21, or 53).

Or, you could also look at SSH tunneling for accessing an internal web
server (or whatever reason).

Let me know if you would like to know any more or need a hand.

Kind regards,

Mr. M.