From: Nathan Caza <mastercactapus at gmail.com>
Sent: Tue, February 8, 2011 2:00:36 PM
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Looking for hardware and software solutions for
controling devices.

I'm not entirely sure exactly what type of device your looking for,
but if you are just looking for a way to interface the computer world
with the physical world micro-controllers are your ticket; My latest
project used an Atmel micro-controller, a usb-to-serial converter, a
circuit i built, relay, and a short program (one for the pc and one
for the controller naturally), ultimately just to control my
desk-light via a web page but there is a lot more potential. My next
project is going to be in my car :)

The Arduino scene worth checking out.