Getting original filenames in that instance might prove difficult with
all that reformatting. Photorec should also come packaged with another
application called testdisk, which can help recover deleted and damaged
partitions. Testdisk is great for rebuilding partitions which may help
allow you to further recover files with their original file names- both
of which you can do with testdisk. Or, if you're feeling real
adventurous, the command line tool hexedit or the gui tool wxheditor are
great for handling drives- both have search capabilities which would
allow for rebuilding via hex.

The thing with photorec and other tools like it (ie. scalpel) is that it
is only signature based, so it has no way of obtaining original file
names because it only cares about file type headers and their endings
(or likely endings). The advantage to this is that you're more likely to
get the most amount of files recovered (a smaller puzzle with fewer
pieces).

I'd also like to remind you of the licensing agreement with the software
you are using. It might be worth taking a peak at as I recall I don't
believe it can be used for profit (your use of the word "client" leads
me to believe a profit is involved) without consent of the author.  Just
a heads up, I appreciate this guys work and I'd hate to see it misused.

*Jeremy MountainJohnson*
jeremy.mountainjohnson at gmail.com <mailto:jeremy.mountainjohnson at gmail.com>