> As suggested, ideally I would have another server in an off-site
> location, which would probably the cheapest solution too. I used to
> run Linux on a small Shuttlebox running SSH and web services years ago
> in a different city with family until Comcast barked about running
> servers on a res line (not sure if they still care about this).
> Decisions, planning, and more decisions...

Comcast in the TC has been good about this... I've been running
server(s) for years off a residential line, and they don't seem to
care.

If you want cheap... just buy a big harddrive, copy your stuff to it,
and drop it in a fire safe.  Not exactly off-site.... but covers you
for your most common perils.