On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 12:00,  <tclug-list-request at mn-linux.org> wrote:

>   1. Re: QAM Tuner frequencies in Khz (Neal Zimmermann)
>   2. filling out forms without paper (gregrwm)

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 18:40:21 -0600 (CST)
> From: tclug1 at whitleymott.net (gregrwm)
> To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
> Subject: [tclug-list] filling out forms without paper
>
> i've learned to use gimp to convert a .pdf to singlepage .jpg or .png images, and use them as page backgrounds in OOo, finally creating a new .pdf, thus i can fill out forms without printing.  it works well enough, though it leaves me wondering if there's a tool that does it a bit easier.

pdftk is great for doing all kinds of things with pdfs.

Remember before the days of Google Docs you can upload the file and
save it as ods or whatever.

I like flpsed; pdfs are basically postscript files. flpsed will let
you fill out any form and print it out. Since most forms you fill out
are going to have to be signed and then rescanned back in to your
comptuer for archiving. Sometimes the meta data has issues with flpsed
writing on top of the pdf. Since the former is being done its really a
minor irritation.

gk