Forums and links.  It reminds me a lot like getting into Linux in a
mid to late 90's.  There are tons of posts (mailing lists / usenet
back in the day) that tell you that you're not alone with the problem,
but it just takes persistence to get to the one that has a solution
too.  The CyanogenMod forums are good.  So is XDA developers.

Of course, there is more than one way to do it, and finding the model
that's right for you takes a bit of persistence.  My problem was that
I didn't understand the components of Android as well as I do the
Linux OS.  I'm slowly getting better, but since I'm no longer at the
beginning of my career, it's a lot harder to find the time to jump up
learning curves outside of my field.

-Josh