On Fri, 9 Dec 2011, Ryan Coleman wrote:

> On Dec 9, 2011, at 11:07 AM, Mike Miller wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 9 Dec 2011, Ryan Coleman wrote:
>>
>>> Don't get to high on yourself. You're not Fyodor. He didn't post to
>>> this list. Justin Krejci posted Fyodor's email from another list.
>>>
>>> Check your email threads.
>>

>> Out of those five sentences, I think only the fourth was worth typing.
>
> Heh. Same could be said about most of the code in many programs. :)

Here's a story I heard years ago that might actually be true:

A student was having a hard time getting his assignment done for a
computer programming course.  He went to a computer lab where a TA could
help him with it, but he was still having problems.  Finally he got his
program to run and he went to tell the TA about it:

Student: "Well, I finally got it to run but now I'm not getting any
output."

TA: "OK.  Let's see the code.  Ummm, wait, but every line of code is
commented out!"

Student: "I know, but that was the only way I could get it to run without
errors."

Mike