Ok it's bloat-ware enough to contain a trojan and is flagged by Norton as
trojan.exe. In this case its not nmap but a zip file for something or
other i was going to add to a desktop a few weeks ago. I scanned the file
before unzipping it. Then when I was doing a custom install, and unchecked
all the boxes, ran the install and it registered as a trojan and was
flagged and removed. It was from cnet and it was malware in my opinion.

Malware, short for malicious software, consists of programming (code,
scripts, active content, and other software) that is designed to disrupt
or deny operation, gather information that leads to loss of privacy or
exploitation, or gain unauthorized access to system resources, or that
otherwise exhibits abusive behavior.[1] The expression is a general term
used by computer professionals to mean a variety of forms of hostile,
intrusive, or annoying software or program code.

,Ron