What are your favorite multimedia apps (DVD/video player/ripper, audio/CD player/ripper, etc.) that are lightweight?  I don't have any particular favorites, but that's because I don't use the multimedia apps that often, and I generally find all of the most popular apps acceptable to me.  I'm trying to decide what to remove from Linux Mint Debian Edition and what to add in order to create Swift Linux.

I've noticed that Linux distros tend to offer redundancy in their selection of multimedia apps.  Even Puppy Linux and antiX Linux offer redundant multimedia apps.  In Swift Linux, every MB counts.  Not only am I trying to shrink the 1.1 GB ISO file of LMDE with GNOME to under 700 MB so it fits onto a CD, I want Swift Linux to continue to fit onto a CD for years to come.  Thus, I need apps that are reasonably lightweight and have few or no dependencies.

What do you think of XMMS?  It's the ONLY multimedia player included with Damn Small Linux.  ConnochaetOS comes with only GNOMEPlayer, SimpleBurn, and GTK Sound Mixer.

I'd especially like to hear from those of you who also use lightweight distros.  In addition to the lightweight distros I've mentioned here, what others should I try?  A solution that works for other lightweight distros could work for Swift Linux.

--
Jason Hsu
Founder and lead developer of Swift Linux http://www.swiftlinux.org