Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 11:59:18 -0500
From: Ryan Coleman <ryanjcole at me.com>
Subject: [tclug-list] Car WiFi Antenna

Hey guys,

This isn't exactly Linux-related... but I am looking for a good car antennae (2.4 and/or 5 GHz) that I can connect to a Cardbus card (brand doesn't matter, plug doesn't really matter... I have a MMCX to female N-Connector cable that's about 3' long). I did just find a solution online that's a 2.4GHz with a 2m cable that is MMCX but I would prefer something longer, and also find something with 5.1-5.8 + 4.9GHz if anyone knows of one that's available.

This will do the job on 2.4GHz (the aforementioned antennae): http://www.data-alliance.net/-strse-7/Antenna-7dbi-Magnetic-Omni/Detail.bok As this page says, the antenna fits the Ubiquiti card - which is what I have on my Latitude.

While it would be cool to war drive with it this is for my job.

Also, if there's someone here that has experience making mounts, I'm interested in trying to get my omni-directional antennae to clip on to my Latitude, too.

Any help you guys can be would be most beneficial. Thankfully I can expense most of these things (within reason).

Thanks,
Ryan