On Fri, 12 Aug 2011, Bob Avery-Babel wrote:

> --- On Fri, 8/12/11, Bob Avery-Babel <avery_babel at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> If the 5 1/2 in floppy drives are still available I'd love to take them
>> off your hands. Do you have any computers they might work in? :-) I'd
>> pay for one of those.
>

>  Oops. Sorry for the post to the entire list.

I think it's OK -- interesting to see that I'm not the only person in the
world who would want such a thing.  I have a 5 1/2" drive on one of my old
computers and I used it recently to copy old data off of some disks that I
then threw away.  My new way is to back things up by copying them to
multiple computers in different buildings.  HDD space is pretty cheap now.

But here's my problem -- the 5 1/2" floppy drive I have seems to be the
very old low-density (360KB) type, but I have a bunch of disks that are of
the high-density (was it 1.2MB?) type that I want to copy.  So are these
high-density floppy drives or low-density floppy drives?  Does anyone have
a high-density 5 1/2" floppy drive he can part with?

Mike