multiple screen sizes, tablets, and netbooks.

B) length of time until it appears in an official Debian release.

Unknown currently Debian lists it as experimental, with a binary tag
of: Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 21:03:31 +0000

Source: gnome-shell

Binary: gnome-shell

Architecture: source i386

Version: 3.0.0.2-1

Maintainer: Raphaël Hertzog
hertzog at debian.org

Urgency: low  <Its going to be a long time !

C) how much speed and memory will a PCclone require for Debian with
Gnome3? (i.e., do I have to replace
my antiquated system?)
But then, *NOONE* knows THESE!!] Yeah that is a memory flame war about to
start. It will slow down your old dust  bunny box a lot. If it’s really old
why do you need a desktop? Use CLI and Lynx.

I would suggest looking at the fedora test and bug reports in a handy table
layout for graphics card tests.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2011-02-22_Nouveau
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2011-02-23_Radeon
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2011-02-24_Intel