On 04/29/2011 09:31 PM, Scott Raun wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 07:12:03PM -0500, Steven Trapp wrote:
>
>> [What I'd REALLY like to know is:
>> A) when does Gnome3 officially release?
>>

> According to http://www.gnome.org/, "Gnome 3 is here!"

Oops. My blunder. I had heard/thought it was likely MidMay
for Gnome3 (why I would think that I don't recall), so I had not been
bothering to check lately...  [Sorry about that, folks--did NOT do
"due diligence" (i.e., google/check official project website/etc.)!]

>> B) length of time until it appears in an official Debian release.
>>
> I'd guess Unstable could be any time, Testing a couple-three months,
> and Stable whenever Testing rolls to Stable.

Being new to Debian, and not knowing how Debian decides to release
things, that last paragraph HELPS me understand things a lot. (Thanks,
Scott).

Aloha.  :)   (I've been signing Aloha lately because Spring has been cold,
                   and Hawaii makes me think of 85deg.Fahr. weather).
-Steve Trapp