With fedora15 running gnome 3 and Ubuntu in 11.04 today and LEET Slackware
release 13.37 I am have quite the week.
I have fedora 15 installed and I am downloading ubuntu and  slackware now.
Also Im setting up a myth TV server.
All of this in addition to doing may classes and writing Java. And studying
for the RedHat engineer exam.
Its great !
So my impressions of Gnome3 so far  the desktop interface is a pain in the
hand for mouse users.
If you use the keyboard shortcuts it works fine.  alt tab, alt F2, alt F1 to
get to the over view menu. A minor annoyance is to get to shutdown you have
to hit alt in the user menu.
It is a very nice looking desktop and I think with some tweaking its a good
user interface.
The shell stays under 1% cpu most of the time with nvidia graphics working
out of the box.
I will see how unity stacks up today.
Then it is on to slack ware where im sure MR. BoB will have an in depth
analysis. Cheers to you Mr. BoB !
,RJ