On Fri, 15 Apr 2011, John Meier wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Mike Miller <mbmiller+l at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Maybe they'll be fixing that.  I don't like things to change a lot
>> because it means having to learn a bunch of stuff that will go away
>> later. For the future I have to hope for either something more
>> consistent across releases or something that is so easy to use that
>> there's nothing to learn.
>

> Have you ever tried OS X?  :P

I have a lot of GNU/Linux/etc software that I want to use and it would be
hard to find everything for OS X and install it.  It's a breeze with
Ubuntu.  It sounds like Ubuntu is trying to mimic more of the OS X
interface features, so maybe I'll end up with the OS X experience whether
I like it or not.  It does look nice.

I also want to support free software -- so if it works, and it's free as
in freedom, I'm not going to switch to a nonfree solution even if it has a
lot of nice bells and whistles.

Mike