From: "Jeremy MountainJohnson" <jeremy.mountainjohnson at gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 9, 2011 1:33:45 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Program for Reading micro sd sim cards - pulling data, texts, deleted info

Most phones don't store that kind of information on a microSD card,
what kind of phone is this? If it is in fact on a card, see if it is
readable with a hexeditor (wxHexEditor is my favourite Linux gui
version)- would be your best bet for deleted messages assuming they
aren't compressed or encrypted. Most smart phones use sqlite or
similar flat file db's but require jail breaking (not stored on memory
cards). Linux tools like wammu and bitpim (also for Windows) are
falling behind in development vs. new technology but still work for
older phones.

Otherwise if you're wealthy, buy a Cellebrite Pro device for physical
phone dumping, but even then deleted text messages are near impossible
to pull back. Sorry for the dire news, but it is what it is, and I say
this from a lot of experience.

Good luck,

Jeremy MountainJohnson
jeremy.mountainjohnson at gmail.com